Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Can't STOMP out the TRUTH! NEVAH!!!!

I am not surprised Dan took this stance but I am surprise that he has misrepresented the scriptures in such an unscriptural stomp of his own person position/preference and bias.

How he hoped the Grand SLAM would lose -- his after election posts certainly substantiate that -- so for him to put forth he had hoped I garner support because of my posts is just untruthful, unchristian like for sure.

Dan I don’t wish to muzzle anyone.  They want to hold me to their definitions of public servant so should I not have the right to hold them to my standards of responsible citizenship? Everyone who voted for me knows this as did everyone who did  NOT vote for me.

I will not allow YOU or anyone to say what they want to me or about me without a response. You do not have that right.  It really is that simple.

So with regard to your scripture references:

• Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to wrath. (Hebrews 12:14; Jas.1:19)

o You would have first needed to care enough about my position to have read my responses to denote that I had been patient in my response as it starts off …for months I had allowed… (and again the fact that you too attribute this to Old Doc points to something about him that you and others determined fits the bill)

o It is only more telling that my response was in response to a litany of abusive language. Had they brought it to me in private it would have remained that way;

so know;

• I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it, and because no lie is of the truth. 1 John 2:21

• If your brother or sister offends you, go to them in private and try gently to resolve the matter. (Matt.18:15; Gal.6:1)

o If the sin is committed against you alone, or if you observe a brother commit a sin in private, then you are required to keep the matter private and go to your brother. Public sins are handled in a different manner. A sin that is public and known by the whole church requires a public rebuke and repentance.

• Don't repay evil for evil or insult with insult. Instead, respond with a blessing. (Matt.5: 39-40; 1 Peter 3:9; Rom.12:17, 21)

o and we toil, working with our own hands; when we are reviled, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure; 1 Cor 4:12

o What blessing have you extended to me Dan…or are you exempt.

o I pray that our hearts and eyes be open to the truth of the matter and that we are called to righteous indignation in Jesus name Amen.

• You will be judged in the same way you judge others. (Matt.7:1-2)

o On this we agree completely! Just remember that means you too Dan…

These past few days of exchanges are very telling, but we need to see this -- all of it!

14 comments:

  1. You will be doing me and everyone who reads your blog what the heck (polite because I do not swear) postings of mine that you are referring.

    Your words -"You would have first need to cared enough about my position to have read my responses to denote that I had been patient in my response as it starts off …for months I had allowed… (and again the fact that you too attribute this to Old Doc points to something about him that you and others determined fits the bill)"

    o "It is only more telling that my response was in response to a litany of abusive language. Had they brought it to me in private it would have remained that way;"

    Once again PLEASE DOCUMENT the abusive language that you allege I ahve directed against you.

    You have an email box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Doc -- You all keep insisting it is you...I have made no claims either way. Read through your blog. If you find nothing there offensive then it stands to reason that -- that is the case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renata, The key words are "either way". If you were not referring to me and every one is mistaken it only takes a few words from you to say so. Just write that the subject of the blog in question was not "olddoc". That should not be difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doc are you serious? You should reread your post and replies and comments (both from you and your readers)on your blog to me based on what others told you i said even BEFORE you read it,you decided along with them it was about you and now all I have to do is say "the word". Listen you can't take back a single thing you said. This is NOT my first time putting it out there that I did not say this was about you. Yet you continued along with the others to own it. This is how innocent people get hurt because some folks take an idea, opinion or what the HECK ever and run with it not caring who gets trampled by it. You went so far as to even edit the responses I sent you to provide clarity and my offer to talk about it with you in person BEFORE the Board meeting starts so the hour wouldn't be too late but you conveniently left that off further adding to the absolute miss queue this whole thing went in. You guys don't want the truth you want a target and I'm keeping it moving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky Smith Hubbard said;

    Renata, I have been reading all of the blogs and I am just blown away by the attitudes and the behaviors of all the adults that are supposed to care about our children here in Plainfield. I think it is awful, but that is why you are there. ...Keep doing what you do girl, and just know that you will always have my support. People need to remember that before we tear each other down with words, we should try to just "TALK". It is a simple concept. Just ask the Ex USDA worker Shirley Sherrod. Feel free to post this Renata. With my name...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renata,

    I applaud you for your integrity and forthright honesty! People just can't handle the truth and you Renata A. Hernandez are the TRUTH!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you my life-long friend. I appreciate the sentiment.

    And Vicky -- we are a testimony to what talking it out brings about! When God puts his people together...they STAY Together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renata, you were elected, not anointed. Do a credible job on the BOE and spare us the rest of the package.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to post this latest post. See that's the problem with unenlightened people. As if they could anoint someone???!!! Hello-eth

    I was anointed, then I ran and then I won! That's how that works. That is THIS PACKAGE!

    Such silliness...

    The job will be INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How might "olddoc" get the impression that you were referring to him unless the description bore a semblance of truth? Easy. In your blog you wrote:

    "Being old and crotchety is no excuse for being rude, offensive and a poor purveyor of the FACTS!"

    In olddoc's blog, he describes himself as "Over aged, Trying to be "the last angry man".about any and all improprieties of stated interest."

    In does not take a leap of imagination to deduce your references.

    As an aside, while I fully support your right and privilege to express your opinions, I am appalled by the number of grammatical and spelling errors that appear in your blog. As a member of the BOE, I would hope that you would set a better standard.

    I voted for you once, it won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet you don't see any grammatical and spelling errors on any other blogs...but then they aren't on the BOE so it's a different standard. LOL! And so you want me to believe you would vote for me when you fail to use fair and balanced assessment of writers and writing in general. It is my experience that true ENGLISH professionals find the poor construction of the written word offensive NO MATTER who the offender is or is not. The fact that you would even lie and say that you voted for me is hilarious. And you are right -- it won't happen again!

    Are there no others that could be referred to as old and crotchety? Hmmm

    I believe Old Doc told someone in one of his comments that he was NOT CROCHETY; yet you do very well in pointing out his very own self-descriptor which is synonymous with that very word. Hmmm – thanks for sharing that point-of-view.

    I write -- you, he, she, it interprets. I don't tell you what to think...I just tell you what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were "anointed"? By whom?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...12:47PM. Listen my Church's Bible Studies are on Wednesdays at 7PM -you are welcomed to join me, or any Sunday at 12. This is more detailed than blogging comments. IF you're serious email me. If you're not, I'll pray for you to receive a revelation. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicky Hubbard has left a new comment on your post "Can't STOMP out the TRUTH! NEVAH!!!!":

    People, People, People...This is a shame. Oh my goodness...How sad that everyone is supposed to be together for our children and not ripping each other apart. Renata, if I were you I would not even post comments of those bloggers who hides behind the word ANONYMOUS. What they have to say is not important and cowardly, and so much so that they themselves can't stand someone knowing just who they are. I don’t know if you post it so people can see that you have nothing to hide, but don’t waste the space.Give it to someone willing to give a name and have a complete dialogue with you. No one has to agree with you, and disagreeing with you may help you see something in a way that you never thought about. However tearing you down gets them nothing but ignored, and that is what you should do.

    I now see just why it is our children are where they are. We have intelligent people right here in Plainfield, but we sit at our desk behind blogs and rip each other to pieces instead of using the great education we ourselves have to give a hand up to the children here...Shame Plainfield Leaders and Bloggers...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved