Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Where is the LOVE???!!!

Well Plainfield I see there were no ARTICLES or Blog covering about our Senior Class Prom and the responsible, mature and elegant way in which OUR Seniors managed themselves last night…so please indulge me!

Last night affirmed the reasons why I’m a Board Member. Those young PRETTY people did us proud! They were adorable and for five hours I got to relive my younger years through their antics, although I could NEVAH do some of those dance moves even in the youngest of my years -- WHOA!!!

All too often I’ve read our city’s citizen referring to our youth as animals and commenting on how disrespectful and misguided they have become. But I ask you – who are responsible for GUIDING them?

Where are the front page COURIER and Star-Ledger stories covering something GOOD GOING DOWN??!! Trust and believe the next time I see or talk to either of the reporters they will get an ear full!

It’s a sad commentary and example of the animalistic nature of primates to consume their own young when they (the ADULT set) don't have a clue, the heart or the LOVE to nurture, protect and RAISE UP A CHILD in the way that he or she may go – So that—WHEN they are OLDER they WILL NOT Depart. Sound familiar. WORD! That is to say this is the WORD!

I also want to comment on the many, many Staff Members that were present last night; their dedication, care and concern on display last evening was admirable indeed! I was able to kick the alarm this morning when it went off and GO BACK to BED, but I know most if not all of you had to bring it on in to work today! So Plainfield Staff if no one else tells you -- Mrs. Edwards and I appreciate seeing your show of love and support for OUR Babies last night!

To the Class of 2010 – You’ve done us PROUD and I know and affirm that this is JUST THE BEGINNING of GREAT things to come from YOU!

See you @ the GRADUATION!!!

Hey I almost forgot!  Thank you to a wonderful gentleman for loaning me his jacket last evening. I so appreciate it! I was FREEZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved