Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What A Concept!

A councilman who final gets it – sortakindamaybeish!!!

Well Rashid you had me at BLUE Ribbon Commission. BUT you LOST me at the list of participants…literally!

You cannot EXCLUDE Board members from the process and/or the CONVERSATION about our Schools! That's just preposterous! Come ON NOW!

I’m not going to beat you up terribly on this one, but I want to put you on notice – I plan to BE THERE -- you can "decide" if it’s as a parent, community person or Board of Education member.

I remember hosting a "Community" forum a few years back on behalf of PEP – Parents Empowering Parents – Citywide PTO and guess who was invited to the table/conversation. That’s right – YOU and Mapp! Say what -- Council People,Parents, Educators, Assemblyman, Clergy all at the SAME table???!!!

I have long respected your willingness to get involved with school issues, have since had some disheartening concerns about certain Councilors, but I'm still hopeful that the City Council as a BODY will get it – that as I stated before – you CANNOT create an improved and sustainable infrastructure here in Plainfield without ensuring you have the intellectual capital and capacity by way of a current and future consumer and merchant bases A.K.A. this community’s children.

It’s just NOT DoABLE!

Anywho -- Looking forward to future opportunities to expand our definition of "Unity in the Community!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved