Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's Prime Time - PROM TIME!

Imagine my surprise to be “selected” to chaperone the 2010 Senior Prom as part of and one of my Board Member Responsibilities!!! It’s just THE most important event in a young girl’s life (that was said in my BEST southern accent!).

Add to that the fact that I have 2 Mentees attending! Hair to “get did”! Check! Nails…Check! Feet…Check! Ugghh --I’m too old for this!!!

I stumbled across this article about The History of the Prom; I know this may sound silly but I had NO IDEA Prom was the abbreviated form of PROMENADE! All this time I thought this red carpet showcasing stuff of the latter years was a matter of youth gone wild. And although many be-speckled outfitters have – it’s apparent that the ‘intentions’ –yes those wonderful things—were of the purest intent – sort of…

I won’t be making my way to this red carpet happening as my riders are not interested in participating – so they say; but if you see me there it is because THEY made me!

Here’s to the youth, specifically the Plainfield High School class of 2010 – I pray you all a safe and wonder time full of laughter, memories and lifelong friendships!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved