Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Rationalizing the Rancor...One Truth at a Time.

The asinine assertion of political wrangling and back door deals is derisory. Please somebody tell me what political gain I would garner by supporting the recommendation of the CSA to hire Dr. Bailey as the interim Director of HR. Seriously, I would have much more respect if you simply said you didn’t like me or her, then to create some Aesop fable storyline.

The truth of the matter is that our HR department is in shambles. I don’t care if it’s 3, 5 or 9 employees! This is a VITAL department in any organization and right now our district is susceptible to law suits and a whole host of employment issues. WE MUST STOP the bleeding BEFORE we can even BEGIN TO HEAL!

We need someone who knows Human Resources, the laws governing school districts, employment law, contract law and YES PLAINFIELD and its current situation. The OFAC Report CLEARLY stated that there were HR PROCESSES in PLACE that were ignored and/or circumvented on more accounts than not! Additionally, the QSAC report indicates huge gains in this area. To assess blame to Dr. Bailey for an area that has improved dramatically from the time she started until she resigned – is absolutely off base.

The personal attacks are beyond rational civil behavior and have NOTHING to do with moving this district forward. Is she perfect --NOT at all – Is she perfect for this time, place, space and circumstance –in my opinion – ABSOLUTELY! Those who worked in her department last year when I was the President of PEP know full well that she and I have had issues and lots of disagreements. I have not always liked the way she handled my concerns or the matters regarding PEP, but that doesn’t, or at least I won’t allow it to prejudice my ability to support the CSA’s recommendation for the best, qualified person for the job.

Take a breath and a take a look at what is actually occurring here and stop feeding into the hype, hyperboles and scare tactics. The three positions that I have supported to date are INTERIM and this district is primed to have what it has NEVER HAD – posted job opportunities for all those qualified to apply to do so! BUT for NOW we need people in place to get us moving along at the least possible cost to the district.

And that’s the TRUTH.

The real question for you is -- Is this PERSONAL or PERSONNEL?!

P.S. I expect you all will have questions and I will attempt to answer them regarding MY POSITION but I will not discuss others’ viewpoints or the position of the board…so keep it specific to me or don’t bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved