Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Keeping It REAL – Always in All WAYS!

I have to express my disappointment PUBLICALLY with my so-called friends, associates and support.

What all do you expect from me?

Three days into the position I was faced with a potentially illegal situation and I made the choice based on the information I had available. The things said, implied and suggested were disgusting! But more alarming was the many and I do mean many hooded looks, sideways glances and comments from those I thought understand who I am and what I stand for and cared-- that was simply hurtful.

My timing is Not good Enough for you?

Well guess what -- you can expect to have more of the same. I’m not here to people please, kowtow and make quick and stupid moves because YOU who have minimal facts or an axe to grind expect me to.

I don't have the authority to GIVE you a job, TAKE your job, Create You a Job or anything of the kind.  What I do have the authority to do and WILL DO is make sure that things are done fairly and equitably, legally and in ORDER!

I’m thinking this through! I am reading, asking questions and becoming informed BEFORE I make my decision and/or cast my vote. I get that this may be a NEW concept here in Plainfield -- so now -- you have 3 years to get use to it – because that’s what I’m bringing.

Where, when and how did I give folks the impression that my VOTE is up for the highest Bidder!!!!!!!!!!!

When, Where and How did I give the impression that I would allow you to say what you want about me or what I do or think and NOT expect me to respond.

Well -- if I’ve given any of you that impression – let me clear it up right now, once and for all – It ain’t, I’m not and You Shouldn’t!

  • When I smile -- know it’s genuine.
  • If I grimace -- know I feel.
  • If I'm laughing -- know I find it funny.
  • If I yell -- know I plan to be heard.
  • When I’m present know I’m here to do MY JOB – whatever that may be.
  • And When I’m gone – let it be said – She WAS REAL!

Yep!

7 comments:

  1. Well said Renata,

    Know I agree with you 100%, what a wonderful concept to be an educated voter, someone who will ask questions and not just go with the majority it is so refreshing, and I love it. Regardless of what goes on always know you have someone in your corner.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please give us some real information. You do too much responding to critics. The people have voted you into position of helping parents and children in our community so don't waste it by allowing the critics to sweep you into the ocean of oil! You are on the way of loosing your supporters if your communication is filled with just about you. Please move forward. I want to see you succeed as it will help Plainfield succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear PUI (quite an appropriate title) -- I can't concern myself about that. I'm giving you real information and if you don't understand it then I'm afraid this is not the reading materials you SEEK!

    I'm not responding to critics I'm setting it straight.

    This blog is about me... It's about how and why I do what I do as a Board Member.

    If you are looking for play by play BOE meeting coverage then COME...Read the minutes. Ask specific questions and stop assuming I or anyone else can read your mind.

    I'll provide the information based on what I have to and can offer but it will be based on my preception of the situation given the facts and limits.

    Sorry if this doesn't meet your needs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Response to PUI


    PUI are you kidding me...Lets be clear about this blog..This is Renata's blog to share what she wishes. Yes we have voted her in as you have said, but that doesn't mean that she isn't a human being. This forum is her's to address how she feels and to speak on the whats going on behind the scenes (of course within the limits of the law).As far as I am concerned, if she wants to use this blog to say just how the noise will not affect what she has come here to do, then as a TRUE CONTINUED SUPPORTER, I will respect that and be there to hear her. People have forgotten that she is not the answer to all the ills of this school district. She is just a mother who wants the best for her daughter and for everyone else's children here. I support her because I know her heart and what she truly stands for. Because of that I dont see her losing my support at all. I am sure that those people who truly know Renata and what she stands for wont be going anywhere anytime soon either. I appreciate her responding to the critics, because when that information is shared it allows for someone else to understand whats going on. Call me nosey, but thats just who I am. Who knows I may I may feel the same way as one of those critics and I get a better understanding of whats going on any why they are happening.

    To Renata keep it up I am learning now and I'm loving it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vicky -- I Soooooooooooooo Appreciate the steady support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will support you, however, I ask that you look into the complete details of Garnell Bailey. Why is Plainfield always so quick to go back to "what they know" or "who they know" There are capable directors out there. BTW was this position posted? What recommendations or who recommended her for the position?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved