Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hello I am DORIEN HURTT...


“Persistence overcomes Resistance”

As a Plainfield resident, I am eager to become a member of the Plainfield Board of Education because I do not believe failure is an option for the children of Plainfield. I will devote my full attention to enacting policies that will embrace high achievement standards for all the children of Plainfield. I will work to enhance a focused and cohesive effort among the board to build a connection between educational traditions and innovations. My background in information technology has made me keenly aware of the need to connect curriculum and technology.

Additionally, my 15 years of working as a Network Engineer at major financial and insurance companies have prepared me for analyzing the infrastructure of the District, and offering solutions that will enable us to do more with less amid funding threats.

My work with mentees in advancing mobile technology for underserved students has been extremely rewarding. As I reflect on the archaic process I followed in the 80’s as an elementary student and the fast track of strategies I employ with my mentees, they are at a better place, and the work must continue with them, in order to keep up with the steady pace of global trendsetters.

Serving as a member of the Plainfield Board of Education will give me an opportunity to effectively develop the kinds of policies that will prepare students for the career demands they will face upon completion of their education from Plainfield Public Schools. The time has come for young professionals, such as Alex Edache, Jameelah Surgeon, and myself to utilize our skills to meet the demands of this New Age, and breathe New Life into the Plainfield Board of Education with a FRESH PERSPECTIVE that will ensure our schools run at optimal levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved