Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Monday, October 11, 2010

A CHANGE Wind "A" Blowing

Wow--Willa Spicer is stepping down...

Willa Spicer on the left and Acting Commissioner Rochelle Hendricks
“It’s just time to move on,” Spicer said yesterday. “But I’ll be somewhere, no question. I don’t think I’ll stay without a job for long.”
Besides the fact that Ms. Spicer reminds me of my paternal grandmother; she is a very interesting character. She's visited the Plainfield School District at least twice, with the most recent being as a result of the debauched emergency meeting called back in May.

I appreciate her direct eye-to-eye and clearly articulated style of communication. I have the greatest respect for people who tell it like it is!

I hope we here in Plainfield can find an opportunity to utilize the depth and wealth of experience in public education and policy that Willa Spicer holds!


Click for <Full Article>

1 comment:

  1. I have known Willa for years and she is a staunch supporter of urban education. It is fitting that she is stepping away from the politicized DOE and can do what she does best........Challenge the status quo!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved