Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Thou Doth Protest TOO Much!


How this little blurb:

“PLAINFIELD we are SOOOOOOOOOOO Failing our YOUTH with our lack of support! There was neither any of our infamous bloggers nor reporters in sight..."

...unsettled a blogger so much so that he had a need to post this: Renata bludgeons bloggers, press over PHS production -- Bludgeons REALLY is it that serious? and this.. Renata reviews the final presentation of the PHS play you never heard of -- as in Never Ever Never?! and then this…more helpful than Renatasince when does he compare one blogger’s write up to another, – when it’s Renata - of course!


Now here’s how Mature people responded whose intention are always honorable:

...I truly wish I had been told something, anything about the play, or seen something about it online. I have previewed HS plays before, both online and in print, and we routinely send photographers to cover them. My ears are always open for any coverage ideas, and feel free to extend that sentiment to anyone you know on my behalf. There's a reason I'm always handing out business cards like it's going out of style!

*****************************************************************
Dear Renata,

I heard that DOUBT was being performed on Thursday late afternoon ... I saw it on Broadway and in the movies ... I do believe that there is poor PR ... had I known, I would have liked to have gone.

I do hear about some things but sometimes too late ...Too bad ... it's always been a lack of communication.

I love Othell Miller's work and am sorry I missed this performance!

**************************************************************
Mr. Blogger – it’s amaZing how you come across ever negative feed that hits the airways “riding” around town but missed the PHS marquee that advertised this event.  Last time I checked newswriting means you go out and "seek" stories not just sit back, ride by or lurk in the park in dark for gossip. Maybe you should change your CHANNEL so that your energy brings more POSITIVE storylines.

You missed, as par usual, the entire point -- that PLAINFIELD let these YOUTH down.

8 comments:

  1. I too would've gone to see the play but I didn't know anything about it. I heard about it after you did your write-up on it Saturday. The district has got to do a better job of keeping the community informed of what is taking place with our youth. It shouldn't be done selectively.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I agree that the district needs to do a better job, I don't think it's a matter of picking or chosing (selectivity). Sponsors of events need to own the dissemination and marketing of it. I know my teams on the multicultural day and youth summit had a marketing plan in place that meant contacting the schools weekly to get the word out and keep it out there. When I was with PEP - I had to keep on top of the district to get and keep information out there. We cannot expect the schools to know how to market. And PR is different then marketing. That is not their strength. It's not a one-shot deal.

    Realistically the district cannot send flyers to every community member and website ads only work for those who regularly access the site or have a computer.

    There was a mass transmittal sent to administrators in this district, it didn't get disseminated - in there lay the problem.

    The HS marquee advertised it I'm sure becuase there were HS students involved that kept that as a reminder. IT should have been placed on ALL the marquees. There is no uniformed instruction/direction on how these types of activities should be communicated.

    This was not a district sponsored event persay, just because it's held on district ground doesn't make it so.

    Take a look at the Plainfield Against Violence event campaign that is going on. It's not a district event BUT the district can certainly partner with this group, but the GROUP must own what this marketing looks like.

    I'll do my part to help get us where we need to be but it's an EVERYBODY job not just the District.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renata -- where were the high school kids? Didn't even the students in the school know about it? Or, did they just not care and didn't show up? Don't the high school kids support each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the kicker...of those in attendance 1/2 were students. And the questions and conversation they engaged in during the talkback was extraordinary.

    Having just come off of a youth summit - -the dynamics with students and supporting events is linked to whether (a). It is encouraged and (b). it is seen as "CooL; both of which depends on how "WE" adults market it to them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey do you think Dan's use a night stick, aka police club has a subliminal message. Like a "Renata" be-good-stick? Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anon -- I hope to God NOT! I think that would be out of character for him. I must be totally honest though it did cross my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TAP -- I can't post that but I did get a good chuckle. Take out the name calling and I will post it though. And for the record I really don't worry about him because he shows us who he is by what he writes and doesn't write. Like my girl Oprah says -- "when people show you who they are believe them!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey TAP -- I have read your blog. I can't post what you just wrote though because of the last sentence. I would NOT want someone to twist your words and that happens a lot around here. Stay true to the TRUTH and it will prevail. I look forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved