Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Retro Prospective Countdown | Introspectively Speaking -- 11th Day


This has certainly been an eye-opening year. From creating an election campaign, partnering with, and ultimately befriending 3 awesome fellow Board members, to offending folks, being offended by folks, stretching, growing, nurturing and by God learning by doing!

I embrace all the experiences ushered in – in 2010.

I’ve lost a dear loved who named me as she did because she did not want people to decide who I was, what I looked like, what I was capable of, what my limits were, and what my VALUE to the world would be based on a name. For that – I am forever grateful as I have crossed many thresholds bracketed by surprised onlookers just beyond the opened door. Odd indeed – Peculiar I am!

I’ve embarked upon new yet temporal friendships, what the congregation of Saints would call “seasonal”, and I do not regret a single one. I will not take for granted the people who I come across during my life’s journey. They teach me. They challenge me. They invigorate and reset my resolve. But, what I do not let them do is define me, defile me, or devalue me. Thank God for the spirit of liberation!

I’d like to think the 9 months that I have served on the Board has been marked with positive changes and has acted as a catalyst towards an upwardly progressive moment to achieve educational excellence. It is a worthy endeavor and I am so honored to have been given the opportunity. I look forward to groundbreaking outcomes in 2011.

This year has proven to be a professional windfall as well. I got my office with a view, a decent salary and a worthwhile work assignment. It too has been fraught with personality challenges some as a result of my own idiosyncrasies while others not so much. I am a work in progress. Simply said, I’ve had my share of challenges and varying states of pistivity, but prayer is an AWESOME thing and it WORKS if you WORK IT!

As I look to the upcoming year my plans include expanding From: Tiaras to Crowns (young ladies mentoring ministry); developing community ‘in’ schools-friendly activities on behalf of the BOE; forging best-in-class school board policies that drive positive behaviors, accountability and world-class outcomes on behalf of the BOE; and finally – and of the greatest importance -- I want to spend more time with my Lovey Dovey Wubby Subby (AKA Milani) as she continues to mature into a compassionate, intelligent young lady and future leader.

So Blessed Am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved