Disclaimer

The following information contained in this Blog is the sole opinion of the writer based on her personal and professional experiences and viewpoints and IS NOT nor is it meant to represent the official opinion and/or standing of the Board of Education as an entity.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Since You Asked...


Although I’m not exactly sure I would consider myself an elected “official” – but rather an elected “servant” – I’ll TELL you what I dream of and what makes me happy so you won’t have to guess or make it up based on your dream for me.

I dream of a community where being elected to serve doesn’t remove me from being a part of the community I want to serve by the very people I am trying to serve.

I dream of a community where when one opts to serve they are not instantaneously given this super imposed “S” on their chest and expected to move mountains while the ‘community’ simply front loads piles of rubbish onto that very mountain…

I dream of a community where people say what they mean and mean what they say and further -- if they make a commitment THEY KEEP IT! or Better yet they ACTUAL MAKE A COMMITMENT!

I dream of a community where EVERYONE owns their STUFF!

I dream of a community where the true intentions of all interaction are to FIND and CELEBRATE the TRUTH!

I dream of a community where the people of the community WILL ACTUALLY DO THE WORK needed to change the condition of the community.

I dream of a community where TRUST is not a buzzword to get people to vote for you but is the foundational character of its citizenry.

I dream of a community that exhibits Christ-like behaviors as its mode of operandi.

And finally, I dream of a community where people ASK me the QUESTIONS and don’t assume A DARN THING about what I do, why I do or if I do. I’ll tell you – just ask!

And here’s my biggest dream for this community – That the POWER OF LOVE will be far greater than our love for power…

Aah --- now that Would MAKE ME VERY HAPPY!

Thanks for asking...

A Point of Clarity: I wanted to share this least someone accuse me of putting forth the notion that anything or anyone can bring/control your happiness. I happen to think one DECIDES to be happy or not, productive or not, negative or positive, active or inactive, purposeful or stagnate, and therefore; although one can and should dream freely – the nexus should never be about one's own happiness. Choose Happiness –in spite of!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010-2011

All Rights Reserved